When English Teachers Snap

Wednesday 1 February 2012

College Essay # 107


107. What is your approach to life? Reveal your life philosophy.

I used to be preoccupied with the what if’s and the then what’s and the future. I was too concerned with what happened if I did this, or what would the outcome be if I did that. I never took time to breathe and to just relax. I just wanted to be sure of everything, I just wanted to be in control. Last year, I started to realize that if I was too occupied with the future I would start losing the present. And that’s exactly what happened. I started losing my friends, my grades dropped, and I got into a lot of trouble. It was a bad year for me. I knew then that I had to start everything over. And start over I did. I tried to do everything in a different way; I tried to think in a different way, I tried to act in a different way, I tried to everything in a new manner. It worked, and now I find myself a better person. Happier, nicer, and just plain content.

So if you ask me now, my philosophy on life is live every moment like it’s your last. I understand that many of you might think it’s a cliché, but I truly believe this. Don’t listen to other people’s complains and queries about you; just do your own thing. Other people will always try to out do you, they will always try to bring you down and tell you that you’re the wrong one. Don’t listen to them. If you’re wrong, you’ll know it yourself, you don’t have to hear it from someone else. If you’re right, you don’t have to justify yourself to others. It’s you that needs explaining to if you do something wrong, not someone else. There are too many moments in life that you’ll regret missing. If given the opportunity to do something different and spectacular, don’t hesitate. That chance will probably never come again in your life. Don’t waste your time thinking that it might. Try to do good to those you can, because helping others will never hurt you. Don’t help others to gain something out of it, karma will definitely come and bit you in your back. Try your hardest in everything you do, because there’s no reason why you can’t.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your point of view.
    People should do what they believe in and not what others believe in. Steve Jobs was a living example of it.
    Life is too short to worry about and thus I agree that we should live every moment to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your answer to this question was very inspiring. I don't really know why but your words have power that makes me not only to agree with you but also to "live every moment like it’s my last." One reason might be because you actually wrote this from your experience rather than making it up.
    I don't really want to say anything negative about your writing but since Mr. Plonka told us to do so, I want to say that if you could explain how you sarted over; how you tried to think and act in a different way. In that way, I think people can see that "it worked."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your philosophy! I agree with you completely and your answer was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete