When English Teachers Snap

Friday 6 January 2012

College Essay # 37


37. If you could go back and change one day in your life, what would you change and why? (Santa Clara University)

I believe that everything happens for a reason and that we should take that to our advantage. Clearly there are some things that happen by choice and some things that happen by fate. But regardless of how it happens, you can’t change it and you can’t go back and fix it. I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life. Wow, I sound so old and wise. But I have made many mistakes like any human being. I’m not perfect and I’m nowhere close to being perfect in the near future. I just don’t see it happening. I try to stop something from happening and then something that I don’t want happens. I try to make something happen and it doesn’t happen but instead something that I don’t need happens. But isn’t that what keeps us alive, isn’t that what keeps us on our toes? The things that we want don’t always happen, because if it did, then we’d be living in some sort of unicorn-and-fairies-exist world. I don’t think that anyone wants that … it’s only in the fairy tales that such things exist.

There are so many things that have happened in my life that I’ve learned from, some good and mostly bad. But the important thing is that I’ve learned from them. And there is nothing that I regret happening as long as I learn from it and make a change. And if people notice that change then even better. I was going to write something about a incident, which happened last year, but I decided not to, just because I’ve been a different person and my friends have seen that. Hopefully, those of you reading have too. If not, then I guess you’re not looking close enough.

With this philosophy or whatever you call it, there is nothing that I would change in my life. I have learned something or the other from everything and it has made me the person I am today. Honestly, I am happy with the person sitting here and writing this today. Yes, she has many, many flaws and she knows it. She tries to work at them everyday and become a different person. If you’re sitting here and telling yourself that I don’t try and that you don’t believe me when you say that I have nothing to take change, then there’s something wrong about your life buddy, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment