When English Teachers Snap

Saturday 5 November 2011

College Essay #106

Of everything in the world what would you like to be doing right now? Where would you like to be the most? Who would you prefer to be with at this moment?


There are many things in the world that I would like to be doing right now, but if I had to name on this off the top of my head I would probably want to be at the peak of Mount Everest, all the way at 8848 meters. I would just want to watch and witnesses first hand the vastness of the world in its true beauty. Yes, of course, even though Mount Everest is the tallest point in the world, it definitely does not mean that we can see everything that the world is but we can definitely see the beauty that it encompasses. People in this modern world are too engrossed in their own life that they do not have time to appreciate what created them and what is around them. For this reason, I feel that being at the top of the world will truly show me that I am one spec of dust compared to what the world is. I want to realize how insignificant I am to the whole world and start learning about what it truly means to care about things, because no matter how much we try as people, many will never realize the true meaning of giving, but rather will understand the meaning of praise for giving and generosity. I would just want to be sitting and watching the things that happen naturally and value and welcome all things natural, all things real. Honestly speaking, I would like to be alone at the top of the mountain, without people, without noise, but rather, just with silence. Silence is the best company during happy times, during sad, and during unnerving times. It makes the best friend. Though this may sound like something a depressed person would say, it’s really not. Silence brings peace and calmness to many lives. Being submerged by silence, it allows one to join hands with nature to give and take the beauty that makes us the people of today.

Number of words: 330

No comments:

Post a Comment