When English Teachers Snap

Friday 11 November 2011

College Essay # 46 - Carleton University

46. If you had a day to spend as you wish, how you would use your time? (Carleton University)

During both summer and winter holidays, I promise myself that I would be productive everyday and do something useful and meaningful with my time. But usually that never works out, because I get too lazy. I want to change and I want to be different. So if I was given a day I could spend as I chose, I would probably make that day one of the most productive that I could possibly make it. Being a junior in high school, work takes up most of your time. Most of my peers would probably want to laze around and watch TV and go on and chat with friends on facebook. I would do the complete opposite.

I would start my morning off bright and early. An early start to your day makes you feel more refreshed by the end. I wouldn't have to worry about trying to fall asleep. The minute I would hit my pillow by the end of the day, I would be asleep in an istant. I would wake up bright and early, and go on a 3 km jog around my neighborhood. There is a hill near my house with a temple on top. I would probably convince my mother to go because I would be too scared to go out in Nepal by myself. She would probably join me as she would be able to take time out of her busy schedule and do some pooja. I would then return and take a shower and join my extended family for a proper breakfast. At my house, my grandparents eat first, then my parents, and then my sister and I. So instead of doing that, I would wake my sister up and call her down for breakfast. I would then go out with my friends and do some charity work for a couple of hours, and then come home for lunch. Feeling good and refreshed after the morning jog and helping people around the community, I would get my books out and start working.

My tutor would probably be over then so that I can get help and get some of my questions answered. After he/she left, I would work on my SAT preparation. After working for a couple of hours and revising what I learned during the last semester, I would get on the computer and write my english blog, the same way I am doing now.

After my parents got back from work, I would probably go out and have dinner somewhere and visit my maternal grandmother. I would come back and have a restful night's sleep and hopefully try to do the same things the next day.

Number of Words: 444

No comments:

Post a Comment