When English Teachers Snap

Monday 12 December 2011

College Essay # 220

220. How does money matter in your life?

Many say that money makes the world go around and some say that it's happiness that makes it go around. Well I disagree with the idea of money making the world go around. Yes, money is the key to everything, money will buy you everything, and if you don't have money, you will be no where in life. You will be on the streets trying to survive for half of one meal. It's pathetic; the way people depend on money, makes the world revolve around money.

The importance of money in my life is not as important as I thought it would be. I know that I need it to buy things, go to college, earn a living, work hard, pay for my meals, my shelter, and blah blah blah. But there are other things to life than working, and eating, and buying, buying, buying. But happiness, I agree with some in the world, makes things go around. Yes, you may feel like I'm just saying that to make myself look better. Don't get me wrong, I realize how important money is. But if you're not happy with your job, you won't perform well and may get fired, demoted, and so on. If you don't have a job, you have to either rely on others for money, or you may have to beg, borrow, or steal. This doesn't give you a stable life. You're always hunting for food to eat, and place to sleep, and clothes to wear. Happiness is the key to make money, to have money, and to enjoy the money that you have.

If you're not happy with the college you're attending, and you want to drop out, all the money your parents invested in you and in that college goes to waste. Colleges don't to refunds and exchanges like supermarkets. It's a once and for all thing. 

Nothing starts with money. It starts with the idea of happiness and how it affects the way you use, spend, and save your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment