When English Teachers Snap

Sunday 18 December 2011

College Essay # 241

241. If you knew you wouldn't fail, what would you do.

When I tell people I want to become a doctor, I explain I want to help people. I know that many people say that but I do want to help people. There's nothing more to it. I know that colleges look for a more detailed and heartfelt answer, but I don't have one. I just plainly and simply want to help people.

If I could do anything without failing, I would open a hospital for orphaned children. Being a teenager ready to go to college, it seems like a really big ambition. I know that it is not easy and takes a lot of work. But I've thought it over, and when given a chance, I would do this. Many children around the world have lost their parents or have been abandoned by them. These are the children who need the most support, both emotionally and physically. They say that a child needs to touch and feel and sense the presence of their parents. The experiment done on the Harlow monkeys have shown this. What better way to conduct a guaranteed sense of homely environment than have a hospital opened for orphaned children.

I would ensure that every child get checked up once a month and have them educated. In this part of the world, there isn't a great care for orphaned children in different homes. Usually they work on minimal amount of money and need as much help as possible. So every weekend, our hospital would have children from different orphanages come and have a sleep over at the wards. In the morning, they would be educated about heath, hygiene, and benefits of nutritious foods. This shows them that they're cared about and shows them the right way to live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment