When English Teachers Snap

Sunday 11 December 2011

College Essay # 250

250. If animals could talk, what would your pet say about you?

Last holidays, my family was split between getting an Apso or a Pug. When I saw a pug face to face, I realized they weren't the way I expected them to be. They make too much noise from the nose because their nose passages are so small they can't breath, they look like aliens, and their fur feels like a prick when you touch it and it has red spots in its eyes. My family were split in the decision. Before seeing a pug, I decided that I wanted a pug along with my sister and my mom, while my dad thought it would be nice get an apso. But if we were to get a puppy, I'm sure it would be a pug. My sister tends to get her way with everything, which I find quite annoying at times ... actually most of the times. So lets say our family were to get a pug.

If animals could talk my pet would probably say that I was a lazy caretaker. She would say that I was excited when I first met her, but then slowly started caring less and less. The dog would say that I would walk her and pick up her droppings when my parents told me to but then would say that when they weren't around, I would tell my sister to do it. Which I feel I would probably do.

The sad part about me, according to my dog, would be that every time she came around to playing with me, I would pet her a couple of times and then tell her to run along. I really wasn't interested. She wouldn't understand why, because dogs, have an ego about themselves. They feel loved and cherished and they feel like their the best looking one. I feel like pugs aren't, they look like aliens. I wouldn't want to take care of a dog which was looking like that. I wouldn't understand why I was taking care of it. I feel like if my sister was the one who chose to buy this type of dog, she should be the one taking care of it not me.

But on the other hand, if it was an Apso. I would treasure the dog like no other. I would want to pet her long hair and comb it and bathe it. I would love taking the dog for a walk, I would love feeding it and I would love playing with it. I would things completely opposite as compared to if I was taking care of a pug.

Although this may look bad on my part, and it may look like I go for things like look pretty and it may look like I only care about superficial things, I fee it's a bit different than that. If I get the things I want, I take extra care of it but if I don't get things I want, I won't really mind for it and will only do it if needed. I wouldn't put my heart into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment