When English Teachers Snap

Monday 26 December 2011

College Essay # 243

243. Describe your perfect home.

I wake up in the morning to the sound of strong ocean tides. I open the curtains of my master bedroom and see the spotless blue sky bright and shining. I hear the chattering of different people slowly coming up along the beach and I know it's time for me to start my day as well. I open the remainder of three of my green and white silky curtain and turn around to make my bed. I take the soft black duvet off the bed and lay it on the couch near one of the windows. I take the four fluffy pillow encased in beige colored pillow cases and lay it on the couch next to the duvet. I tighten my sheets and make my way to get the pillows and the duvet. I can feel the softness of the Persian rugs at the center of the room and then make my way to the couch. Clumsy as I am, I manage to bang my leg on the coffee table while reaching for the duvet and the pillows. Limping to the bed, I place the pillows and the duvet neatly on the bed. I take the remote from one of the side tables cluttered with a glass of water and a bottle of lotion I put before sleeping. I turn the TV on and sit on my bed to watch the news for a while. I switch the TV off and make my way to the bathroom.

I take a left to enter my attached bathroom. I flick the lights on and see the mirrors in front of me, lined up against the way. I take my toothbrush and tooth paste which is lined up against the "his and her's" dark gray granite counter. I stick the tooth brush in my mouth and make my way to the tub, to the right of the sink. I turn the hot water on and put a bit of scented bubble bath. I brush my teeth and make my way in the tub. After laying in there for around half an hour, I make my way across the bathroom and enter the steam shower. I close the tinted glass doors of the shower and turn the hot water on. After rinsing off the shampoo and body wash I reach over to my towel which is set a couple of feet away on top of the closed toilet seat. I make my way to the bedroom and then take a right to the walk in closet.

I lather myself in body butter and sweet smelling perfume and take out my clothes for the day. I open the closet doors and pull out a pair of jeans and a jacket and then make my way deeper into the walk in closet to find shelves filled with T-shirts. I pick on out put it on, and then apply a bit of make up facing a mirror behind a dresser, which is close by the shelves.

I switch the lights off and make my way downstairs. I pass the two guest rooms on either end of the hallway and gather the dirty sheets and take them downstairs into the kitchen with me. I look into the bathroom closest to the master bedroom and switch the lights off. I enter the kitchen and then put the coffee pot on which is set on the island. The material of the counter on the island are that of the material in the sink in the bathrooms upstairs. I walk over to the stove to the left of the island and put the pan on the electric stove. I put butter into the pan and then rummage through the cupboards in the kitchen to find the toaster. I take the toaster out and plug it in the socket, and make my way to the other side of the room to the fridge. I remove the bread from on top of the fridge and open the two door fridge to take out the jug of orange juice. I press the glass of the left side of the fridge door to put ice into the glass and then pour some orange juice into it. I quickly make the egg, and make my way to the dining room. I walk through the arch of the kitchen and the dining hall and place the plates on the table. I take a left room the dining room and make my way down the stairs with the pile of dirty sheets. I go to the washing machine and put the clothes in for an hour and then manually set the dryer to turn on itself after that hour. I eat breakfast and make my way to the kitchen's dishwasher and set that for around 15 to 20 minutes. I make my way to the living room and give it a check.

I see the couches are in place and the leather is clean with no dust. I check the wooden coffee table which has accumulated a bit of dust and make a mental note to clean it up later. I adjust the rug a bit and then check the fire place and remove the wood. I check the coat closet and tidy that up a bit. I then make my way out the door. I step on the porch which has a light over head and has a few stairs that lead to the grass. I go out back behind the fence door and check the garden. The patio is cleared up of leaves fallen from the trees. I check the shed and that's clocked up. The sprinklers have automatically turned on and the grill is turned off. I walk out and get in my car and back away from the driveway to take a 5 minute drive to the beach. I look in the rear view mirror and see the stone house with a red door, and drive away from my dream home for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment