When English Teachers Snap

Friday 2 December 2011

College Essay # 225

Words that stung.

Before reading this blog, if you know me, ask yourselves. When has Spreeha ever said something that stung me? Well I can answer truthfully that I haven't been the nicest people to many. In the end, I think it comes back time and time again to bite me back in the neck. But my moment of words which stung was more of the unsaid things rather than what was said to me. At this very moment, while I'm writing this, I feel there is someone that I have stung very badly with the things I haven't said, and she's stung me with the things she's doing and the things she hasn't said.

It's bad enough when your enemy talks crap about you and says things which are mean to you. You try to look strong in front of them and pretend that you don't care but then you go back and feel like something just stabbed you in the heart. But it's worse when one of your best friends goes to take their side. So, one of my best friends has always been supportive but when it comes to things like being mean to someone just because I hate them, she isn't the way I am ... actually, was. But I feel like I've left that part of me, but she's picked it up. Throughout the semester, I've constantly complained to her about the way some girls in our grade have treated myself and my other best friend. She supported us and told us that everything was going to be fine and even agreed with us in certain things. But for the past week, she's been more there friend than ours. She's hanging out with them and ignoring us. She's even started sharing secrets with them and not us. But we must be the stupid ones, this is probably the 5th time that it has happened. It's not a mistake anymore it's a habit.

The secrets she's told them and the comments she's made to them and not us and all the laughs she shares with them are the unsaid words that have stung me in the past and continues to sting me. I don't want to be one of those clingy friends but I don't want to lose my friends either. Each person has the right to be friends with those they want, but that doesn't mean that they should forget us.

For me this experience with her and those that will soon come in my life, just lets me know that the words that aren't shared with one another, laughs not shared, and secrets told to those that can't be trusted are the ones that hurt and sting the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment