When English Teachers Snap

Tuesday 6 December 2011

College Essay # 230

230. What do you do on a rainy day?

I wake up in the morning to see the slight drizzle outside my foggy window. I sit up in my bed and smile to myself. I love lazy, cold, rainy Sundays. I get out of bed and put on my fuzzy pink bedroom slippers and walk to the kitchen. I put a pot of water on to the stove until I feel the steam vaporizing on my face. The warmth on my face reciprocates that I feel in my heart. I walk to the huge bathroom mirror and see my face gleaming on the other side. I turn around and turn on the hot water in the bath tub and fill the water to the brim. I watch the water turn milky has I pour in my favorite Cherry-Raspberry Squash Bubble Bath from Bath and Body Works, and carry that smell all the way to the bedroom.

I take my coffee to my bedroom and turn on the heater. I feel the heat encircle my room and go to every corner around the room. The foggy window just gets foggier. I carry my hot coffee mug and sit in my big, cushion-y armchair and read my favorite book. After I while, my head hurts and I take a shower. I laze around in the warm, cherry-raspberry squash smelling water, and day dream about running in the rain with my best friend.

We're walking and talking and eating chips and coke, when all of a sudden, it starts pouring. I look at him and he returns the gaze. We make it to the first shelter and start laughing. I always manage to have lots of fun with him and then he asks me, "Wanna run as far and as fast as we can?" I would never give up that chance. Since kids, we've always talked about running away and living on the run. I would always imagine life to be sunny and rainy. Hard times and good times.

Rain brings sorrow and joy. It is my favorite type of weather and as I sit on this computer screen, I see the dark clouds rolling in. I'm praying that the weather worsens, so I can have a coffee, a hot shower, and run away with my best friend, as fast, and as far away as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment